Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Querl Dox

Go down 
AuthorMessage
QUERL DOX
LEGION OF SUPERHEROES
QUERL DOX

Character sheet
Reknown Title: Brainiac-5
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
HP:
Querl Dox Left_bar_bleue250/250Querl Dox Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

Querl Dox Empty
PostSubject: Querl Dox   Querl Dox I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:03 am

QUERL DOX

Origin: Colu [ 31st Century ]

Genius Scientist, 12th Level Intelligence

DOB:

Legionnaire

Personal Force-Field• After his "upgrade", Querl found that the force field that had once been a device attached to his belt was suddenly a part of him. The force-field was able to be controlled by his thoughts and was almost constantly active unless he made a conscious effort to shut it down. Similar to a telekinetic field, Querl has, with practice, been able to extend and shape the field for various uses, even going so far as to give him an edge in combat that he'd never had before.

Genius-Level Intellect• Querl has a 12th-Level intelligence rating, in comparison to the average human rating of Level 1 to a maximum of Level 4; he is able to focus on twelve separate though pathways without the details being lost or unrelated problems conflicting within his mind. He has an eidetic memory, and has the capacity to store and recall information more efficiently and quickly than some of the most advanced computer systems in the known galaxies.

PAST | PRESENT | FUTURE

[[ SYSTEMS MALFUNCTION... REBOOTING...||
............... SYSTEMS RESTORED, VITAL AREAS OF MEMORY DATABANKS DAMAGED OR MISSING ]]

[[ BRAINIAC-5 LEGION LOG ]]
[[ ENTRY # 3005001 ]]
[[ Date: 31st Century by the Standard Earth Calendar ]]
[[ Temporal Universe: Earth-247 ]]
[[ Location: Legion Headquarters ]]

What in Xarrox is going on out there? Oh right, they must have found out what I did to their game system. Too bad I missed it, that would have been a laugh. Still...so noisy.

I'm plugging in to the VR system again tonight. Hopefully Bart won't tackle me upon materialization. Although virtual, it still hurts when my rear hits the floor. He's a decent kid, for a speedster, but he's far too impulsive and unpredictable. I want to like him, I want to be friends with him, but he makes it so difficult. Perhaps I am too impatient?

Wait. Sensors are detecting something strange...

I have to get Bart out of here, now! I'll have to contact Max on the way to the VR station! I can't let anything happen to h--

[[ SYSTEMS MALFUNCTION... REBOOTING...||
............... SYSTEMS RESTORED, VITAL AREAS OF MEMORY DATABANKS DAMAGED OR MISSING ]]
history.

history.

history.

CLOSER INSPECTION

[[ BRAINIAC-5 PHYSICAL PROFILE ]]
    [[ EVALUATION PERFORMED BY PHANTOM GIRL ]]
    The individual known as Querl Dox, classified as Brainiac 5, stands at 5'6" and weighs in at a slight 126lbs. His skin, like all Coluans, is a medium shade of grey-green (though I have encountered Coluans of varying shades of green, the Dox family seems to remain rather consistent due to genetic manipulation). His eyes are wide and childlike, and have been known to vary between green and shades of purple. His hair, like most of his family, is a bright yellowish blonde. I would coin it as an unnatural hue, but nothing about him seems "natural" by Earth standards. He has three white diodes on his forehead that protrude slightly, as well as a rather primitive port at the base of his skull.

He seems to have adopted purple as his signature color as far as his uniform and his casual wear, accenting with black and yellow. We almost never see him in casual wear, but we know he OWNS clothes other than his team uniforms.

Regardless of how he carries himself, Dox comes across (at first glance) as a tiny, adorable boy with a scowl on his face and a twinkle of childlike curiosity in his eye. Just don't ever call him cute, or you may find yourself suspended in the air via anti-grav without pants on in the central meeting chamber.

End program.

[[ BRAINIAC-5 PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE ]]
    [[ EVALUATION PERFORMED BY SATURN GIRL ]]
    Querl is an interesting individual. I know he would like for us all to believe he's some cold, uncaring young man most of the time, all logic and no emotion, but he doesn't realize how often he lets his guard down. Perhaps that is why he gets along so well with little Bart Allen, although he would never admit to liking the boy. They're both, essentially, pranksters. Still children. He's sabotaged Bouncing Boy and Lightning Lad's gaming systems enough times for us to know that much. Querl is younger than most of us, and it often shows with his temper tantrums and rather childish insults when someone questions him or, Xarrox forbid, prove him wrong.

In spite of his rather large ego (which he shamelessly admits having), we've all come to notice that Querl craves acknowledgement and approval of his inventions and ideas, even if he doesn't say so and would likely go through with his plans regardless. He wants to be noticed, he wants to be seen as helpful rather than a hindrance, he wants us to like him. He wants to be accepted, since his own people refuse to accept him. But I'll be damned if he ever once admits to THAT.

His lack of creatitivity and original thought processes seem to often hamper his ability to interact in a more casual manner with the others. He attempts to be all-business, all the time, even when it's inappropriate or unwanted. He doesn't realize when he's spoiling the fun or doing something wrong. He honestly does mean well, but most of the team doesn't give him a real chance to try and adapt. It's hardly a wonder he often keeps to himself, hooked up to that massive computer. Though I must say his rather odd love of old Earth films is endearing and almost charming. That and his secret love for Earth's 20th Century techno and trance music. I've caught him more than once listening to a band called Eiffel 65 while supposedly working in his lab.

I don't know much about our Dox as far as romance is concerned. All I have to go on are the psychological evaluations of the other two that I had encountered from Earth Prime and New Earth. Suffice to say, Querl Prime was an abrasive and thorny young Coluan who, apparently, had a romantic relationship with their Dream Girl. The Querl of New Earth had, at one point, been romantically involved with Kara Zor-El for a short time, but it apparently did not last as in his adult years he was rather alone. I felt sorry for him. I have yet to see our Querl show more than a passing interest in the opposite gender (particularly toward Andromeda before her death), and for a while I only found him focusing on his work or continuing New Earth Querl's work on a serum to cure Mon-El's iron poisoning. Theories and speculation (mostly amongst the females of the team) abound as to what our Dox's gender preference is, if he has one at all. My personal assumption would be that Querl is asexual or demisexual.

On a more personal note, I find Querl to be rather sweet. He's just lonely. After being banished from his homeworld and even temporarily being stripped of his title as Brainiac, he began to withdraw from us. He feels no one understands him. Sometimes I catch his thoughts, though he has been able to shield himself from me before, and he thinks no one likes him, that no one will ever like him. He thinks we just tolerate him because he has no other home or family than the Legion.

I sincerely hope he finds someone someday. Or, at the very least, finds whatever it is that will finally make him truly happy. He has a long life ahead of him, and it would be a shame to live it alone.

Bart often compares him to a fictional alien race from Earth television and cinema called "Vulcans". Querl doesn't seem to get the humor behind it. He is far more emotional after his upgrade than he would like to admit, going so far as to reinstall his emotion inhibitors in order to maintain control. He doesn't like people knowing he has a heart.

End program.

[[ BRAINIAC-5 ABILITIES AND SKILLS PROFILE ]]
    [[ EVALUATION PERFORMED BY GEAR ]]
    Dox's small, almost waifish appearance is rather decieving. Dox is stronger than he looks (admittedly not by much), though he prefers the path of least physical resistance than engaging in armed or unarmed combat. He will be the first to think himself out of a situation rather than risk injury. The three diodes on his forehead and the rather primitive port at the base of his skull allow him to hook up to various computer systems and manipulate them from within. There are days we fear he is becoming more and more like a machine. Like his ancestor, the original Brainiac.

He is responsible for modifying the Legion Rings made for us by Invisible Kid, used as both our communicators as well as a mode of flight for those of us without the natural ability, as well as the compact force-field generators we wear on our belts. He's discovered ways to jump through time as well as dimensions to parallel Earths, cloning technology, vast computer systems, as well as his own personal computer console that manifests as a holographic interface. He speaks Intergalactic Basic, Coluan (his native tongue, all dialects), Daxim (both high and low dialects), and even has become rather well-versed in written Kryptonian, a dead language.

Dox, like the rest of his family line, as a 12th Level Intelligence, a severe contrast to other Coluans who rarely surpass 8th Level, or humans who are typically ranked as a 1st Level. He's a progidy amongst his people, and a bit of a dreamer at that. He prefers experimentation to the typical Coluan theoretical research. Maybe that's why they're afraid of him. He's a genius who believes in free will and extending one's own abilities as far as one can.

But even a genius has his weaknesses.

End Program.

[[ BRAINIAC-5 PHYSICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL WEAKNESSES PROFILE ]]
    [[ EVALUATION PERFORMED BY COSMIC BOY ]]
    Brainy has a severe chip on his shoulder. Being tossed off his planet and branded "dangerous" by his own people has left a serious mark on his confidence and sense of self-worth. He tends to take it out on us, oftentimes ending up in an argument with other members of the team or, sometimes, even attempting to overthrow my command and take it for himself. He hates feeling second to anyone, and his ego can sometimes overpower his judgment and his oft-praised logical skills.

Brainy's physically not up to par with most of us, rather average on the strength scale and his endurance and stamina often come into question during missions. Not only that, he is a liability when hooked up to enemy computer systems; he may be organic, but computer viruses and corrupted data can have adverse affects on his mind. Also, it may be noteworthy to say that one our trips to the past, he has found primitive Eath-based technology rather frustrating and often incompatible with his cybernetic implant diodes and port. It was almost funny to watch him curse at an old computer with a Windows 2000 operating system, and then wondering why it wasn't cursing back.

Powerful empaths and telepaths can also invade his mind if he's not focusing, which is a lot of the time; he gets distracted a lot easier than he would like any of us to think, leaving him open to psychic attack.

Although he will live 500 Earth Standard Years or more, he is still, in fact, mortal and can die from untreated illness, injury, poison, starvation, dehydration, and exposure to extreme elemental changes in weather and temperature. Of the entire Legion, Brainy is quite possibly one of the most vulnerable of us. Whether he admits or or not.

End program.

THE SAMPLE

[[ BRAINIAC-5 LEGION LOG ]]
[[ ENTRY # 3011265 ]]
[[ Date: 21st Century by the Standard Earth Calendar ]]
[[ Temporal Universe: Unknown ]]
[[ Location: Somewhere around one of Saturn's moons, navigational systems are down ]]

This is Querl Dox of Temporal Universe Earth-247 reporting in. My shuttle has been badly damaged and I have been adrift for almost a week now. As the damage is primarily external and my space suit (as well as my personal force-field belt) has been damaged as well, I have been unable to fully repair it on my own. I am lucky the backup systems activated before I lost consciousness from lack of oxygen. I was caught in a time vortex of my own making and hurled into the past of...which-ever universe this is. Earth Prime? New Earth? I'm uncertain.

Alright, alright, I made a minor miscalculation! I made a mistake! Even geniuses make the occasional mistake. Sheesh...

My memories are muddled. It feels as if the memories and experiences of the other two Brainiac-5s that I encountered have been, for lack of a better term currently, jammed into my skull. It's as if I've downloaded parts of their minds into my own. Freaky.

I know I am in Earth's solar system, so my best bet would be to attempt to contact Kal-El, Kara, or possibly even Mon-El. Bart wouldn't have a Legion ring on him. Neither would Kon-El, but neither of them would be much use in an outer-space rescue. I wonder if Mon-El is alive here? Perhaps I can attempt to contact the Justice League's Watchtower satellite?

Regardless of whomever receives my S.O.S...I need help.

Xarrox, this is embarrassing.

-End Entry-

Dox sighed, leaning back in his seat; it was a small, one-man shuttle and not exactly meant for prolonged deep-space travel. He knew he shouldn't have left on his own the way he had, but Cosmic Boy had left him little choice. It was hard being so closed off emotionally and yet smarter than everyone else around him. Even back home on Colu he was considered exceptional, and he was shunned for it there, too. He hadn't even meant to be gone long, much less tear off through a rip in space-time.

He wasn't one often prone to impulse.

Flexing his fingers, he began a bit of a diagnostic on himself, bypassing (for the time being) his organic components. It was a quiet, energy-saving way to pass the time until he was picked up...or crashed.

CAS

27 | MALE | CST

PM ME FOR MY AIM, PMs ARE THE BEST WAY TO KEEP IN TOUCH (here or my ADMIN account)

Back to top Go down
QUERL DOX
LEGION OF SUPERHEROES
QUERL DOX

Character sheet
Reknown Title: Brainiac-5
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
HP:
Querl Dox Left_bar_bleue250/250Querl Dox Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

Querl Dox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Querl Dox   Querl Dox I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:46 pm

Querl Dox Tumblr_lxx51pnhg41qlvy7go1_500
Back to top Go down

Querl Dox
Page 1 of 1